Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) 

For up-to-date information on study permits, please refer to the Immigration and Citizenship website from the Government of Canada. 

What documents do I need to provide prior to studying in Canada?

You will need to provide:
    i) a valid passport to apply for a study permit,
    ii) admission letter from Corpus Christi College,
    iii) proof of funds adequate to support you in Canada,
    iv) a valid study permit, and
    v) a temporary resident visas (TRV) and electronic travel authorization (ETA).

All international students in programs longer than 6 months need a valid study permit. Applications for a study permit can take up to 3 months, so apply as soon as possible. You are responsible for ensuring your study permit is valid at all times. Review study permit processing times and required documents for your study permit application. In addition, only citizens of certain countries require a TRV, also known as an entry visa. Check the IRCC website to see if you need a valid TRV to travel to Canada. If you are from a TRV-exempt country, you may need to apply for an eTA before you can travel to Canada.

I am a new student. Can I apply for my study permit now? 

Yes. As soon as you are admitted to Corpus Christi College, you should apply online for an initial study permit so that you are in the queue for processing. After you apply, you may be asked to submit biometrics (photo and fingerprints), complete a medical exam, or provide other documents which may not be possible to do right now, but we are confident that Immigration will account for these delays and will process study permits as quickly as possible. The current travel restrictions will not prevent your study permit application from being processed.

I am a new student and my study application is still in process. What should I do? 

IRCC continues to process applications submitted online, even if the Visa Application Centre in your country may be closed. On July 14, 2020, IRCC announced temporary policy changes to facilitate online learning for international students.

Check with your local Visa Application Centre for details on your application and make sure to keep up to date on COVID-19 updates in your country and in Canada. A study permit is not required to take online courses from abroad. Students can count the time spent pursuing their studies online abroad toward their eligibility for a post-graduation work permit, if they submit a study permit before the program starts. For full details, see how your PGWP eligibility is affected.

Are there scholarships that I can apply for as an international student?    

Currently we don’t have scholarships for international students.

What are the housing options as an international student? 

As an international student at Corpus Christi College, you can either stay at the Carey Centre or at St. Andrew’s Hall, located just steps away from the College. The cost to live at the Carey Centre is $12,950 plus a $300 refundable damage deposit. The cost to live at St. Andrew’s Hall varies. For a co-ed quad, it is $936/month; for a studio, it is $1,282/month; for a one-bedroom, it is $1,449/month; for a two-bedroom, it is $2,229/month, and for a townhouse (2 bedroom + den), it is $2,048/month.

Please note that these costs are reflective of the Fall 2021 term. For the most up-to-date information, please visit the links below:  

map Our Programs
100+ courses in Arts, Business, and Science

See what Corpus has to offer...