Study Permit and Immigration Documents

All international students are required by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) to have a valid study permit. A study permit is a Canadian Immigration document that is issued to allow you to study in Canada for a specified amount of time. The Canadian government provides many resources for international students to help with their applications.

Always refer to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) for the most accurate and up-to-date information.

As an international student, you need the following documents prior to studying in Canada:


You need a valid passport to apply for study permit.

Admission letter from Corpus Christi College

The admission letter will be issued once you are accepted into the College. This letter is needed for you to apply for a study permit

Proof of funds adequate to support you in Canada;

You will need to provide proof of funds to be able to study and support yourself in Canada.

Study permit

All international students in programs longer than 6 months need a valid study permit.

Applications for a study permit can take up to 3 months, so apply as soon as possible. You are responsible for ensuring your study permit is valid at all times.

Review study permit processing times and required documents for your study permit application

Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) and Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA)

Only citizens of certain countries require a TRV or also known as an entry visa. Check the IRCC website to see if you need a valid TRV to travel to Canada.

If you are from a TRV-exempt country, you may need to apply for an eTA before you can travel to Canada.

map Our Programs
100+ courses in Arts, Business, and Science

See what Corpus has to offer...